Wednesday, June 16

Bitterljuvt.

The last day in New York we were a little hung over and tired because the night before, we had been out doing this:



The bar we went to is called Painkiller. It's one of those bars/clubs that you would walk right past in the street, because it's hidden behind a big anonymous door, if you didn't know it was there.


After some beer we ordered two Zombies. A Zombie is a concoction of whisky, absinth and other dangerous liquids. It really knocked our socks off!


Kristofer seemed to like it.


And it made me act very silly.


The next day we took a walk around our neighbourhood to say goodbye to it before we left.






Bye bye blue house!


We sat down to have some breakfast at a little diner across the street from this place in Little Italy. I had coffe, some lemonade and a cheesemelt with provolone on Italian bread. It was very yum!


And then we did some last minute browsing, and bought two real nice tees for Kristofer.


I really like this store on Lafayette St. I can't remember it's name though, but it sold awesome stuff, like this:


Then we walked home, took our bags and got in a taxi. It all felt very sad and I still miss it soo much. When were driving through Williamsburg Kristofer held my hand and told me about all the great things we are gonna do this summer, like having picnics and riding our bikes and swimming and going to Fårö. And whenever I miss it all too much I think about that, and I feel better again.

xox

Emily

7 comments:

Miss Soggy Smog said...

Emily,
Thank you for sharing your trip with us :) I've had a great time living vicariously through you guys :) and that store is Irregular Choice, I'm soooooo glad you had a chance to visit! Isn't it a neat shop? You live a beautiful life ;)
Cheers,
Miss Smog

Evelina said...

Har tittat igenom alla NYbilder nu. Åh, så himla fint!

Vanessa said...

I've been following your blog for the last few days now and have gotten so much pleasure out of your New York photos. You really made me homesick :-)

BETOWERS said...

nice photos!!!! i like so much this crazy cups :P

kitsch power!!

Emily said...

vanessa - i'm just jealous you're from ny! :) and thank you.

Emily said...

miss smog - oh, yes, that's right! thank you darling! i'm happy you came along for the trip! ;)

evelina - oh, tack rara du!

ulahula - kitsch power to the people!!!

Rachel Lily said...

These photos are all so beautiful, I love the fact it's like following in your footsteps, it's so cool! Ha,
I'm going to New York on ummm, Saturday (!), and this post has possibly got me 374892794276238946298432897648393284962x more excited ;)
Rx

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow See Emily play