Tuesday, May 5






When I started to study photography I was sixteen and it all happened by accident. I had to pick and extra-curricular activity at school and after flunking dance and getting bored with the childish art classes, I was put with the photography group. All of it was done in one afternoon and only afterwards did I get the fact that I’d been extremely lucky on two accounts. One, pretty much everybody wanted to be in that group and two; I realized what I wanted to do.

So I went to the darkroom every day, or the studio. I sat on the school firescape reading photo magazines while waiting for my film to be watered down. That’s how I found Cindy Sherman, one of the greatest photographers there is. Her Untitled Film Stills series still inspire me in every project I do. They just never age.

xox

Emily

No comments:

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow See Emily play